Thursday, September 4, 2008

Out of my gourd!


2007 Luna Dreams 2007 Feast of the Hunter's Moon


The 2008 Feast of the Hunter's Moon is fast approaching. Pictured above are the family in our booth/tent, and samples of my gourd art. The leaf-cut gourd and the black one with orange leaves were my best sellers. I have been making more of both this week. Much scrubbing, cleaning with wire brush, jigsawing, coloring and waxing has been happening in the past few days. It's hard work, but I LOVE it! I think I like the Feast more than Christmas.

5 comments:

Rose said...

You certainly have a lovely family and love your garb!!

Anonymous said...

Bet you had a great time at the gallery walk!

gentryart said...

Thank you Rose and anon, I did have a great time. Anon, are you going to let me know who you are?

gentryart said...

Sold 3 paintings at the Gallery Walk last night!!

Dana said...

Oh my goodness, Kelly! What gorgeous work and a lovely booth. Ahhh, this IS my favorite time of year, too. I've a special fondness for harvest items and the colors/smells/textures/tastes that come with this time of year.

Your paintings are so detailed and exquisite. Beautiful and breath-taking.

Congratulations on selling 3 paintings at the galler walk, too!

Kindly,
Dana