Friday, August 15, 2008

The Drop-off was a success!

This is the painting I didn't photograph yesterday: Fiesta Forest (one of my goals is to improve my titles-not there yet)



I took that one and several others to McFee Gallery in Indy today. They were well-received. We spent over an hour pricing, invoicing and discussing business. Here are some pictures documenting the visit:



Exterior view of the gallery. One of my paintings is visible in the window, it's the one with the gold frame. I don't frame them anymore, instead I use gallery wrap canvases.



Athomas, gallery manager, helping me with pricing. Some of the paintings are lined up on the floor under the window.



One of the paintings from the original batch. Notice the red dot?





One last picture. This is a gallery wall with one of my paintings visible, far right with red, yellow and blue in a frame.

There was some awesome artwork in there. I left inspired and ready to make my work more cutting edge. As I was leaving, a customer came in. (later I found out that she made a beeline for my paintings-probably will return for one of the smaller ones. )

Then I went to the Chocolate Shop 2 doors down and bought some truffles for the family. Mmm, they were yummy! I'll be visiting that shop everytime I go to the gallery. There's also a new wine shop on the block. Art, wine and chocolate: what else do you need?

No comments: