Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Commissioned Artwork


Let me start out by saying that I hate doing commissions and usually refuse them. This one was presented to me with such heart and soul that I agreed to give it a try. No promises, but I had to be able to do it my way. The request was for two figures and a dog, a golden retriever who had recently passed. The colors were to be green, blue and purple. This was to be a wedding anniversary present.

So I got started and low and behold, this painting was as smooth and trouble free as there ever was. I had to do the dog over once, but he looks great. So with fingers crossed, I sent the picture to my client yesterday. Well, she loved it! It portrayed the exact moment when they walked a path in the woods at dusk immediately after their outdoor wedding ceremony. The Universe was smiling at us both that day.

1 comment:

The Muse said...

wow this painting is incredible! It made my heart ache for the puppies I have lost, but also evoked the feelings of friendship and devotion you get from mans best friend