Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Inaugural Post!


Welcome to the first Gentry Art Blog Post! Woo Hoo!

Let me introduce myself: I've been painting for about 7 years now. I'm a wife and mother living in a university town in Indiana. I paint in a studio in a wooded area in the back part of our property. I've had paintings in private galleries, museums and nationally juried shows. My art is in the hands of collectors in several countries-US, Canada, England, Scotland, Russia come to mind.

Currently, I'm most excited to have my work newly accepted at McFee Gallery of Modern Art in downtown Indianapolis. http://www.mcfeegallery.com/ My work has been there for 2 weeks. The first weekend, which included a First Friday gallery walk event, they sold 4 paintings! Wow-great job guys! Last weekend they sold my largest painting, a huge 24 x 36 gallerywrap canvas with one from my Rainy Day Series. The First Friday in September also happens to be the big Fall Gallery Walk. (Indy has a big gallery walk in the fall and another one in the spring) So, as you can imagine, I'm painting like crazy to replace those that sold and provide plenty of stock. I'm sending a disc with all of my images and a picture of me because they will be adding me to their website as one of the regular artists!

I also have original paintings and prints listed on Etsy. For those who aren't familiar, Etsy is a website for artists and crafters to sell handcrafted work. My Etsy shop's website is www.gentryart.etsy.com. Etsy is a fabulous place to sell, they have a super friendly vibe. You can find the most interesting one of a kind items there. I plan to do all of my Christmas shopping there.

I've not listed on Ebay for a few weeks, but I hope to list some work there soon. Ebay has been having some problems lately with their new policies, so we'll have to see how that shakes out. Maybe some larger paintings or the giclees that are in the works. Those are being done by REDIpix at http://redipix.com/Home.html Let me just say that they do excellent work!

Now, on to my work. The piece I finished yesterday is actually a dyptich, mixed media of acrylic paint and leather dye. Each piece is 24 x 30 for a total size of 60 x 48!! My largest ever. The title is Black Forest and it is pictured above at the top of this page.

That's all for now!

15 comments:

ThreadBeaur said...

Beautiful work! Congrats on being accepted to the McFee Gallery! That is wonderful!

Melissa said...

Thank you for your lovely comment. Your work is also very beautiful! I am adding you to my blog list, I can't wait to see/read more : )

Anonymous said...

I would be happy to link with you.

Kate

Scott Bulger Photography said...

Welcome to the wonderful world of blogging! Beautiful work.

Terri Pezzullo - Handmade said...

Beautiful Blog! Your art is so beautiful!

Dana said...

I really love your work, Kelly! The composition of your paintings really catch my eye.

Thanks for sending me your link, I'd be happy to link to you on my blog.

Wishing you all the best!

Peace,
Dana

Anonymous said...

Kelly, the new gallery sounds great! Congrats on blogging too :) I don't even have a blog ID yet.

Funda from DasheDesigns

Unknown said...

Hi Kelly,
What a beautiful start to your blog!
Congrats on your gallery sales! I've linked you to my Blog List.
Continued success on your art career. Blenda

Linda Hammelman said...

Beautiful blog and congrats on the gallery sales!

GalleryJuana said...

Great running start at your recent gallery representation! Congratulations.

Thanks for coming by my blog. I recognize your beautiful art from Etsy.

GabrielMyCat said...

Congrats on your new blog & Gallery! Love your work!

GalleryJuana said...

Just want to let you know that I added your link to my blog:)

. said...

Oh I'm really going to enjoy reading your blog :-)

The Etsy MImi down the side looks stunning BTW! I love the way you use colour :-)

Amanda said...

Your work is beautiful! I love the rainy day series, especially.

What is Wrong With Me 2 said...

Congratulations on all your sales! that's wonderful! :)...yeah ebay is kinda wierd lately...I hadn't posted anything there in about 6 months, and posted something a few days ago-- the price to list hat doubled!!! ...uggg...

Your landscapes are lovely by the way! ;)