Monday, August 25, 2008

Secret Entomologist

Ok, it's not art, but I found it on my way to the studio.





Today I painted a few more paintings and got a start on a custom painting.

Smoky Mountains or Where's my nicotine patch?




Wolf Moon



Summer Camp

The Summer Camp piece reminds me so much of the camp tie dye projects. It is made mostly with leather dye, the tree is done with acrylic paint. The purple part was a base of red and overlapped with turquoise. I love the way it melted into a beautiful purple. The white drops are also leather dye, the white is more opaque. I think of nurse shoes whenever I pick up the bottle.

Wolf Moon is a blend of colors you might see on a wolf, the browns and rusts of the undercoat and the gray blues of the outer coat on the face and back.

Smoky Mountain has a cloudy, smoke colored feeling to it. The colors look like drying tobacco leaves.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow, those are some bugs! I really like your trees,very creative. Bet you're selling them like crazy!

gentryart said...

Thanks Blenda! They are mostly going the the gallery, and I'm very happy with the sales.